Thank you for your interest in our firm! Our client testimonials below should give you the best idea of what we do and how we do it. We are truly thankful to have such loyal clients who allow us the privilege of representing them. Their kind words about our law firm truly inspire us to continue working as hard as we do in each and every case. The testimonials below were contributed from our clients directly.
- The information contained in this section of our website includes references to past results and testimonials about the firm.
- The facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the matters in which results and testimonials have been provided.
- All results of cases handled by the firm are not provided and not all clients have given testimonials.
- The results and testimonials provided are not necessarily representative of results obtained by the firm or of the experience of all clients or others with the firm. Every case is different, and each client’s case must be evaluated and handled on its own merits.
Those points having been said, our firm believes in building a relationship with our clients, not just representation! Our managing attorney and staff take the time to understand what our clients need, treating them as people instead of just case numbers. Because of the personal attention we provide and our unique approach to each client’s case, our firm has received outstanding reviews from several satisfied clients over the years.
- Posted by Bruce T., on June 23, 2020
I came here to complete my grandfathers estate planning. Mal and the rest of the staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs. They are very compassionate and professional when it comes to planning and preparing your estate documents. Mr. Haley was awesome! He addressed our concerns and needs and was very thorough in his explanation. I would highly recommend The Estate & Elder Law Center for all of your family estate planning. Thanks again Mal for your courtesy and professionalism.
- Posted by Monte S., on June 19, 2020
- Posted by Emma A., on June 12, 2020
- Posted by Lynn R., on June 11, 2020
- Posted by Jeannie K., on May 27, 2020
The entire staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. Gathering the documents to prepare, asking questions, and giving our attention to planning for our future were all helpful steps in this process. I am grateful for their assistance. I could not have done it without them.
- Posted by Neil & Debra G., on May 27, 2020
Five Stars! Friendly. Knowledgable. Speedy.
- Posted by Robert & Patsy R., on May 20, 2020
- Posted by Jeff W., on May 19, 2020
Worked with the Elder Law Center to get my parents set up with a will, power of Attorney, and some other documents. The office was very professional and responsive and explained the options and the difference between them in a clear way.
- Posted by C.F., on May 19, 2020
- Posted by Lisa P., on May 19, 2020
My business with this firm was always pleasant and efficient. My documents were drawn up to my exact specifications and staff was more than prepared to answer any question I had. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing estate planning.
- Posted by Kit H., on May 13, 2020
Told me exactly what I needed to hear.
- Posted by Shelley K., on May 10, 2020
- Posted by Trent & Patsy P., on April 23, 2020
- Posted by Teresa & Doug H., on April 22, 2020
- Posted by Teressa & Marshall E., on April 9, 2020
no complaints. everyone was both pleasant & professional.
- Posted by Judy & Gaylan W., on April 2, 2020
- Posted by Sandra & Wilbur U., on April 1, 2020
Great service with knowledgeable and friendly staff.
- Posted by Joann L., on April 1, 2020
- Posted by Richard & Amanda T., on April 1, 2020
We are very pleased with our experience!
- Posted by David & Gloria K., on April 1, 2020
- Posted by Matthew H., on March 19, 2020
- Posted by Roena H., on March 10, 2020
We highly recommend The Estate & Elder Law Center. They have handled our estate affairs for many years and we wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. The entire staff is fully knowledgeable and helpful, answering any questions with ease. They were very thorough in explaining each step of our documents and presenting them to us, we have no doubts that our future is in the best of hands.
- Posted by Frances H., on March 6, 2020
Impressed with legal expertise, compassion and with the willingness to provide all possible assistance.
- Posted by Dan R., on February 11, 2020
- Posted by Karen E., on February 10, 2020
- Posted by Teresa H., on January 21, 2020
They care about you and your estate. They are knowledgeable and wise as well.
- Posted by Josh B.., on December 3, 2019
Everything was really good. Took extra time to answer lots of questions.
- Posted by Amy D., on October 24, 2019
- Posted by Dennis T., on August 23, 2019
Great people! They care passionately about there clients and there well being. I would recommend to anyone.
- Posted by Paul A.., on August 21, 2019
- Posted by Dora H., on August 21, 2019
Robert and his team are very professional and straight forward. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Kirk B., on August 6, 2019
- Posted by Brad M., on August 6, 2019
- Posted by Tim H., on August 6, 2019
- Posted by James B., on August 5, 2019
- Posted by Robert W., on August 1, 2019
Highly recomend! No issues with our preparation of durable power of attorney & related documents. They were helpful & understand. Love the way my mother was treated throughout the experience. Thank you!
- Posted by Kristi R., on July 29, 2019
Have Always Provided All Services and needs in a Professional and Timely manner. APlus Grade.
- Posted by David H., on July 22, 2019
- Posted by Amy M. on July 19, 2019
The documents I asked for were done very specifically and the personnel I worked with were both friendly and professional.
- Posted by Rebecca R., on July 19, 2019
- Posted by Tony W., on July 19, 2019
We thought everything was perfect. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Michael B., on July 18, 2019
- Posted by Denton B., on July 16, 2019
Much needed resource for elder law in our area. I have referred several people to them, including my own family and have seen how they take care of their clients first-hand. They are professional, thorough and a joy to work with!
- Posted by Lisa S., on May 25, 2019
- Posted by Treva S., on February 25, 2019
The Estate & Elder Law Center of Southside Virginia is, in my opinion, THE resource for estate & elder law, in Southside Virginia. As an advocate for individuals with developmental disabilities, I represent people with very specific, and often complex long-term planning needs. In my experience, Mr. Haley, and his team are experts in all aspects of estate and elder law. I find them to be kind, professional and knowledgeable, and I will continue to refer people to them for all their future planning needs.
- Posted by Monica K. , December 11, 2018
Great staff who really care are there to help. If you need estate planning check them out. For us the power of attorney in health situations was paramount. We both feel better and more secure now thanks to their terrific staff!
- Posted by Dudley P., December 6, 2018
The Estate & Elder Law Center of Southside Virginia writes an article for the Red Bird Times Senior Living Magazine that I work for. Our readers love the information that he provides! Plus I have had readers tell me that they have called the Law Firm and were very pleased with the response and services.
- Posted by Lisa G. , November 13, 2018
Absolutely wonderful people! They will be with you every step of the way!
- Posted by Candace R. , September 4, 2018
It is a very pleasant firm to work with on several topics. Employees positive and caring.
- Posted by Sandra M., September 4, 2018
My mother recently became a Life Care Planning client of the firm - I was looking for a miracle and I found one. I live in Florida and my elderly mother in failing health did not wish to leave her home in the Basset, VA area.
I was in town but by the time I contacted this team, I only had one business day left before I had to return to Florida; so they made special arrangements to meet me after hours at their office.
That was a little over a month ago, but it seems like years that I have known Cricket & Laura. They immediately (next day) went to work on securing EVERY area of my Mothers life. And due to my mothers failing memory, not a second too soon. Her finances, her meds, her doctors appointments, grocery trips, home safety, home maintenance, yard maintenance, immediate DSS evaluation ...I could go on....if it exists to do, they are dealing with it for my mom. All to honor my mothers wish to remain in her own home. On my own, I could not have done what they have done; this service is a blessing.
They have treated her like gold. Laura Gall is a former LPN (I believe) and she has been "hands on" almost every day. We get reports about their activity with every decision or move they make through a shared CareZone app.
I have no brothers and sisters, and no other local family on which to rely, but I have found something better with this team. There is no amount of recommendation I could give to cover what this has meant to us, and no amount of gratitude I could show that would be adequate.
- Posted by Kip G., November 29, 2017
They were wonderful. They met with my dad many times at Stratford House to go over paperwork and to make sure that all was exactly as he wanted. I highly recommend them for elder law, trusts and estates.
- Posted by Sallie A., August 23, 2017
The rapport they have with their clients is always professional and patient. Their office is easily accessible.
- Posted by Patricia E., July 25, 2017
- Posted by Lori H., July 25, 2017
- Posted by Marvin C., on July 24, 2017
- Posted by Kathy C., July 21, 2017
- Posted by Tim R., on June 23, 2017
- Posted by Glen M., on June 15, 2017
They are great at what they do... if you ever need legal help with elderly family members. Give them a call they are always willing to help everyone.
- Posted by Teresa J., on June 14, 2017
- Posted by Kenny W., on June 9, 2017
- Posted by Gordon M., on June 9, 2017
I can't thank Robert Haley and his staff enough for all the help they have given my husband and I as we worked through the process of putting our wishes in writing. First, Mr. Haley reviewed our estate planning documentation from before, which had been in place for years. Since we did not have a specialist in elder law at the time our original documents were put together, we had many problems with our existing paperwork. Robert was so patient and explained the loopholes and why it was important that these gaps be addressed and corrected now to protect what is important to us for the future. We have worked hard all our lives to save money for our retirement, and knew if we did not get the proper documentation in place now, it could all disappear! Robert helped us get our Wills, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, and our Durable Powers of Attorney all corrected. We now rest in the knowledge that the important first steps towards protecting our assets are in place. The services of Robert Haley and his staff have been invaluable to us. I know that in the future if issues arise, and when we need assistance with Medicaid Planning, they will be there to assist!
- Posted by Pat M., March 29, 2017
- Posted by Cindy & Jim, March 17, 2017
Mr. Haley and his staff created an environment that was comfortable and supportive to my needs. I needed assistance with to sell my parents home, advice on their financial situation. I had to hire a CNA privately and Mr. Haley worked with me with a Caregiver contract. There is so much to learn and understand about taking care of elderly parents. Mr. Haley and his staff gave me peace of mind for so much legal issues. I could not have selected a better Attorney. Thank you for everything.
- Posted by Alice A., February 22, 2017
Mr. Haley provided multiple services for us. They included wills, power of attorney, and trusts. He and his staff have been informative, efficient and courteous. Their services are important, as they are essential to every ones future. I highly recommend Mr Haley to anyone interested in their future welfare and the welfare of their family.
- Posted by Roger & Cynthia F., February 6, 2017
My husband and I, being small business owners wanted to make sure that everything that we had acquired would be protected for our daughter. It had been years since our will had been looked at and Mr. Haley was so informative as to what we needed to protect our daughters interest. He redid our wills, poa and directives and brought them all up to date. He was extremely helpful in answering any questions that we had. I have no problem referring to all my friends and have done so.
- Posted by Delores E, February 6, 2017
I have had the pleasure of knowing Robert Haley for over 15 years through my work with the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Not only is he an extremely nice guy, but Robert is one of the top Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorneys in Virginia, and he is THE one I refer people to in Southside Virginia. You will not go wrong by hiring Robert to handle all of your Elder Law and Estate Planning needs.
- Posted by Atty Evan F., on January 8, 2017
- Posted by Sylvia J., on July 29, 2015
- Posted by Alice on December 20, 2014
- Posted by Deb, December 19, 2014
Mr. Haley was very informative about how to handle getting land our parents had acquired into trust accounts for protection. He was very knowledgeable on the concerns and questions our family had about this. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
- Posted by a client on December 15, 2014
Robert Haley is highly recommended! I have benefitted from Mr. Haley's services quite a bit over the last decade. He helped resolve a matter between the numerous heirs of my grandparents that would otherwise likely have dragged on for years, if not decades. Mr. Haley also wrote a new will for me, providing much advice along the way. He then advised and facilitated the formation of a family limited partnership. His no-nonsense competence was just what I was looking for and appreciate.
- Posted by Client on December 6, 2014
Robert Haley is an awesome attorney! Extremely knowledgeable, resourceful, expedient, informative, thorough, and moderately priced. I have used Robert on several occasions & he is always so willing to help anyway he can. He also has an excellent staff. I absolutely recommend Robert Haley as a super attorney choice.
- Posted by Debi on December 5, 2014
- Posted by Kathy J., on July 22, 2014
- Posted by Chris S., on January 29, 2014
- Posted by Summer D., on December 15, 2013
- Posted by Claudia B., on December 5, 2013
- Posted by Chip S., on November 30, 2013
- Posted by Wanda T., on November 29, 2013
He gave information helping us when my mother was aging and we faced nursing home care. He helped transfer property into all names and developed a plan for saving assets anticipating going into a nursing home. She passed away before needing a nursing home, and he answered questions about probate.
- Posted by Jay, on May 15, 2013
Our son was severely handicapped and totally dependent upon us . We went to Mr. Haley with many problems. He was able to sort thru those problems and find solutions for us. He promptly returned phone calls and email. We found Mr. Haley to be knowledgeable, caring and totally trustworthy.
- Posted by Linda, on May 8, 2013
I thought we were going to have to spend down the vast majority of my parents assets. Fortunately we found Mr Haley and not only did he help us ensure Dad's placement in a long term care facility, he was able to protect the assets for Mom! If you have a loved one in or going to the nursing home, you have to see Mr Haley and his staff!
- Posted by Client 4/23/2012, Help with Medicaid, on April 23, 2012